ACT on Alzheimer’s Rochester
Updated February 2018
In 2018, we are still working to become dementia friendly, and our efforts have expanded or changed beyond only being an ACT community.
What We’re Doing for Our Community
- Providing dementia awareness education and resources through a guidebook for the community
- Hosting monthly Dementia Friends information sessions
- Formed two successful Memory Cafes
- Creating the Resounding Voices community choir for people affected by memory loss and their support partners (rehearsals begin April 2018)
Connect with Us
About Our ACT Community
“ACT on Alzheimer’s aligns perfectly with our vision.”
—Ardelle Brede, Rochester Mayor
The ACT on Alzheimer’s community team was formed in 2014. The ACTion Team members represent health care, local government, educational institutions, service agencies, long-term care, and businesses.
Snapshot of Activities
- Offered Dementia Friends Information Sessions and Dementia Friendly @ Work trainings.
- Created and disseminated an education and resource guide.
Resources, News and Events
Memory Café Brings Support to Rochester
June 21, 2016, KMIT.com
Group Works for a “Dementia-Friendly” Community
February 18, 2015, PostBulletin.com