ACT on Alzheimer's Becker
Updated February 2018
In 2018, we are still working to become dementia friendly, and our efforts have expanded or changed beyond only being an ACT community.
What We’re Doing for Our Community
- Educating community members about dementia through offering the Dementia Friends program
- Using educators to inform community members about dementia care and caregiver care
- Training businesses to be dementia friendly so they help both community members and their staff
- Establishing a dementia friendly library in two locations
Connect with Us
About Our ACT Community
The Becker Area Senior Center took the lead in forming the Becker ACTion Team in 2014. The team has representatives from senior housing, financial/legal planning, senior center, senior service provider, business, and local government, as well as community members.
Snapshot of Activities
- Offer Dementia Friends Information Sessions.
- Trained employees of local businesses to be dementia friendly.
- Established Alzheimer’s information libraries with books for family caregivers in two Becker locations.
- Trained officers in the Becker Police Department through the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Alzheimer’s Initiative training.