ACT on Alzheimer’s Litchfield
Updated February 2018
In 2018, we are still working to become dementia friendly, and our efforts have expanded or changed beyond only being an ACT community.
What We’re Doing for Our Community
- Holding Dementia Friends information session
- Developing a caregiver workshop
- Started the Litchfield area Forget Me Not Café
- Created an Alzheimer's & Dementia Information Guide
- Looking at ways to collaborate with other ACT communities
Connect with Us
Contact: Lori Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our ACT Community
Established in 2016, the Litchfield ACTion Team is working to engage a broad range of community partners, including the regional Area Agency on Aging, Ecumen, county public transit, the sheriff's office, Lutheran Social Services senior dining and caregiver support, the Healthy Communities Meeker initiative, and McLeod and Sibley County public health. Staff from the Center for Senior Behavioral Health (CSBH) at Meeker Memorial Hospital are involved, both to learn and to share their expertise. The team also plans to engage community members, the faith community, financial institutions, and businesses in the effort.
Snapshot of Activities
- Held kickoff event, a showing of the film “Still Alice” with speaker Sandy Oltz who was Julianne Moore’s consultant for the film.
- Have completed 50 community surveys.
- More than 120 community members have been engaged in the effort.
- Developed and distributed a support and resource guide on Alzheimer’s.
- Hosting Dementia Friends MN Information Sessions.
- Offering Dementia Friendly @ Work training.
- Opening Litchfield Area Forget Me Not Cafe.
- Disseminating local resource guide.
News, Resources, Events
Litchfield Area Alzheimer's and Dementia Information Guide (pdf)
Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me screening, October 20, 2017, 6 pm (pdf)
Litchfield High School Little Theater
ACT Litchfield Community Event, April 19, 4:30 - 5:30 pm (pdf)
Meeker Memorial Hospital Conference Center