Updated February 2018
As of 2018, we have accomplished the goals we set as an ACT community and no longer convene formally.
What We’ve Done for Our Community
• Created a dementia friendly garden in collaboration with the Arlington Garden Club
• Started a monthly support group at Fairview Assisted Living
• Collaborated with Lutheran Social Services on community events to raise awareness of dementia
Connect with Us
Contact: Amy Newsom, AmyN@co.sibley.mn.us
About Our ACT Community
Arlington’s ACTion Team was formed in 2016 and is made up of community members representing local government, health care settings, businesses, residential settings, the legal and financial sector, and faith groups. The group has members representing all 11 sectors of the ACT community wheel.
Snapshot of Activities (in 2017)
- Establish support groups for people caring for someone with dementia/Alzheimer’s
- Explore presenting Dementia Friends sessions in the community
- Offer the Powerful Tools for Caregivers class
- Partner with the Arlington Garden Club to create dementia friendly garden spaces that provide healing therapy along with socialization for all community members